Incline Dumbbell Press On Swiss Ball - Exercise Instructions And Video
The Incline Dumbbell Press is great for defining your upper chest. It works the chest sides, shoulders and triceps too.
How to do this exercise
1. Grab a pair of dumbbells.
2. Sit upright on a stability ball with your feet hip-width apart.
3. Walk your feet and roll your body forward until your back is resting on the ball.
4. Make sure your upper body is at a 45-degree angle to the floor.
5. Hold your dumbbells on each side of your shoulders with your palms facing forward. (This is your starting position.)
6. Breathe out and push your dumbbells up using your chest muscles.
7. Extend your arms fully.
8. Pause for a second.
9. Slowly lower your dumbbells to the starting position.
10. Repeat the prescribed number of times for your program.
You can also perform this dumbbell press with your palms facing inwards instead of facing forward.
Things to watch out for
● Keep your body stable. Don't jerk or bounce on the ball.
● When lifting and lowering your weights, keep your arms vertical, with your hands more or less in line with your shoulders or upper chest.
● Keep both feet firmly flat on the floor.
● Keep your back in a neutral position.
● Exhale when you lift the weights and inhale when you come down.
Here's a video showing you how to do this exercise.