Muscle Toning Workouts For Beginners
The muscle toning workouts you'll see on this page are to be used in the 2nd week of my beginner program.
If you've missed the week 1 workouts, check out these
beginner circuit training exercises here.
There will be some progressions from the first week. You'll notice that the exercises include slightly more complex and challenging movements than last week's. This lets you progress steadily and systematically. This steady progress minimizes the risk of injury.
Remember, this is the foundation stage. So, don't rush into trying to progress too quickly when you're still new to weight training.
As with week 1, this is also a circuit workout. If you're not sure what that means,
Here's your workout for week 2. You'll need a swiss ball and a set of dumbbells to do these muscle toning workouts.
Want this program with everything you need all in one place?
Download the plans – with full instructions for all the exercises in one handy digital book.
Click here for more details.
Beginner Circuit Training Workout Week 2
How To Use This Week Workout
The instructions below are slightly different from those for week 1. So, read them carefully to make sure you get the most out of your workouts.
- Perform the workout 3 to 4 times during the week.
- Perform the exercises one after another with scarcely any rest in between until the whole workout is finished. Then rest 60 to 90 seconds or longer if needed and do another round. So, you'll do the workout for a total of 2 rounds.
- For warm up, do a scaled-down version of the workout itself or find out
how to do warm up here.
- Allow 24 to 48 hours of rest between the muscle toning workouts especially if your muscles are sore.
- If the workout feels too easy for you, increase the intensity. You can do this by performing a harder version of each exercise. For example, if you can already do 15 hand elevated push ups easily, lower the level of the hands or do it on the floor. Got the idea?
After the workout, you should do
cool down exercises.
Below is a list of stretches you can do after this workout.
Suitable Stretches For Your Cool Down Session
Back Of The Upper Thigh Stretches
Front Upper Thigh Stretches
Hip Flexor Stretches
Upper Arm Stretches
When you're done with this week, move on to
the workout routines in week 3.
Return from Muscle Toning Workouts to Weight Training Exercises Main Page.
Return to Home Page.