Prone Jackknife Exercise Video And Instructions
The prone jackknife is another great exercise to work your abs.
While helping you to get a flat tummy, it strengthens and stabilizes your midriff. It also shapes your upper body and legs.
No more muffin top, wobbly arms and jiggly thighs!
Steps to do the exercise
1. Assume a push up position with your feet on a swiss ball.
2. Keep your back straight.
3. Keep your head, back and hip in alignment. This is your starting position.
4. Bend your knees toward your chest. This will automatically tuck the ball underneath you. Keep your body stable doing this.
5. Slowly straighten your legs again back to the starting position.
6. Repeat 8 times. This makes one set of reps.
7. Rest for 30-60 seconds.
8. Repeat the whole set once or twice more.
Things to watch out for
● Don't let your hips come up when you tuck the ball underneath you.
● Your upper body shouldn't move while you're doing the exercise. Move only your legs.
● Don't forget to breathe.
Here's a short video demonstration of this ab exercise.
When this becomes easier, you can try the exercise with just one foot on the swiss ball.
Return from Prone Jackknife to Stomach Flattening Exercises.
Return to Main Page of This Site.