Here’s something you might not have thought of using in your quick healthy recipe for breakfast:
How about having it with eggs?
You might think “Yuck!”
That’s what I thought too. But I got this idea from Mark Sisson’s Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Recipes Book.
I didn’t follow the original recipe to a tee. I simplified it even further.
So, here’s the recipe I came up with.
These are for one person.
1. Cut the rough green leafy bit off the leek.
2. Cut the white stalk of the leek lengthwise and then cut thinly across the strips.
3. Heat half the butter in a frying pan and sauté the leeks until they’re very soft. Season it with salt to your taste.
4. Put the cooked leek on a plate and cover it to keep warm.
5. Whisk together the eggs, double cream and a pinch of salt.
6. Heat the remaining butter and scramble the egg mixture until it’s almost solid.
7. Pile the scrambled eggs on top of the leek and serve. Then make yummy noises so everyone can hear how much you’re enjoying your breakfast. :-)
This is the photo of my end product which I quickly demolished. :-)
What You Get Out Of Eating Leeks
First of all, leek is a cousin of the onion.
So, you might get a less-than-pleasant breath smell after eating it. So, try not to go kissing anyone after eating leek. (Unless they like the smell, of course!)
Apart from that, there are great benefits in eating leek.
It has active substances that can help give you protection from cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It also gives you fibre, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and vitamins A and K.
Slight Variations On This Recipe
There you go. I hope you enjoy this quick healthy recipe.
If you want to try more meals like this, I highly recommend Mark Sisson’s Quick & Easy Meals. I’ve already made more than a few healthy meals with yummy success using the recipes in that book.