Bodyweight Wall Squats – Video And Instructions
Bodyweight wall squats are great for sculpting your buttocks and thighs. They also work your back and stomach muscles. The good thing is, all you need for this exercise is a wall and your own bodyweight.
Here's how to do it.
1. Stand about 1- 3 feet away from a wall, feet hip-width apart.
2. Hang your hands by your side and lean your back against the wall. This is your starting position.
3. Begin to bend at the knees to lower yourself into a squat position while keeping the back in contact with the wall.
4. When you hit 90 degrees, pause and hold that position for 20 to 60 seconds. Or hold for the time recommended in your exercise program.
5. Push up from your heels and return to the starting position.
6. Repeat 2 to 3 times.
Things to watch out for
● Make sure your knees are directly above your ankles. In other words, you shins should be vertical throughout.
● Keep your stomach contracted the whole time.
● Keep your back in contact with the wall throughout the wall sits.
● You shouldn't feel discomfort in your knees if you do the exercise correctly.
● Check with your doctor first if you have knee or back problems.
● Don't hold your breath.
● When you've finished the entire wall squat exercise, push off from the wall with your hands to stand up. Don't slide all the way down to the floor. That's bad for the knees.
● If you can't squat till your thighs are parallel to the floor, just go as low as you can and build strength from there.
Here's a video demonstration for you.
When this becomes easy, grab a pair of dumbbells to increase the difficulty.
Return from Wall Squats to Home Weight Training For Women.
Explore more Exercises For Hips, Legs And Buttocks.