Work Lower Abs With Reverse Crunch
One great way to work lower abs effectively is to do reverse crunches. This exercise is usually done on an exercise bench. But you can also do it effectively on the floor at home.
Here's how to do this exercise.
1. Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your hands crossed on your chest (like an Egyptian mummy).
2. Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor.
3. Contract your abs to lift your shoulders and neck just off the floor. (This is your starting position.)
4. Squeeze your lower abs and lift your buttocks off the floor. This will roll your knees up towards your chest.
5. Go back to the starting position.
6. Repeat 10 times.
When this becomes easier, put a medicine ball (if you have one) between your knees.
Things to watch out for:
● Let your abs do all the work.
● Keep your stomach muscles tight the whole time.
● Don't swing or use momentum.
● Squeeze your lower abs to produce small and controlled movements.
● Breathe properly throughout the exercise.
Here's a short video showing you how to work your lower stomach with reverse crunches.