A Workout Without Weights
Here's how to do a short, fat-burning workout without weights. In fact,
you don't need any equipment at all.
This is great when you're short on
time or when you don't have any equipment ready. It's perfect for when
you're travelling and you don't want to miss your workout.
The workout will take 15 to 25 minutes of your time, depending on how long you
You'll need some kind of timer, though. You can probably use your
mobile phone for this, since most handsets have a timer or countdown
Here's the exercise plan.
- Do all exercises (except push ups) for 1 minute.
- Do them as fast as possible without compromising the form.
- Move from exercise to exercise without rest.
- Do the workout 2 rounds.
- Rest 1 minute between rounds if needed.
- If you're a complete beginner, you might find that 1
minute per exercise is too hard. In that case, start with 30 seconds or
even less if necessary and build up from there.
If you need to make this exercise harder, here are some suggestions to make each exercise more challenging.
- Do it with only one leg on the floor. That is, once you bring your
front leg back after lunging, don't let it touch the floor and move it
straight in front and lunge again.
- For more ways to make this exercise more challenging, see the Ways To Make It Harder section on
the forward lunges page.
- Jump higher, or
- Jump faster, or
- Jump with only one foot. And switch legs when you do the next round.
- Just increase the repetitions.
- Increase the height of the steps you're using. and/or
- Just do it with only one leg instead of alternating legs. Then switch sides when you do the next round. and/or
- If that's not enough, wear a heavy backpack.
- Increase the time you hold. and/or
- Keep alternating one arm and one leg all the time you're holding the plank.
- You'll see more options on
the plank exercise page
in the Ways To Make It Harder section.
You can do this workout as and when you need it. Or you can do it as a
supplement to your weight training program to speed up your fat burning
process. Either way, I hope you have enjoyed this workout without
weights or equipment.
Return from Workout Without Weights to Home Workouts Page
Return to Short Home Workouts Page
Return to Home Page